Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hola!!

                   I haven't been blogged in a while and I thought that I should check in before the summer ends.  I am not sure where to start with this summer, but it sure does feels like it is flying by. I felt like half of this summer was spent looking forward to going to New York. Since last November, we have been waiting for this summer and I got to say it was worth the wait!! New York was such a fun trip!!! We were able to spent a lot of time with family and meet some very special people!! Throughout the trip, we did a lot of things, but there were few highlights.

Highlight #1: The first meet with everyone after 4 years. I was a little nervous to see everyone after 4 years, but somehow it all kind of worked out.
Highlight # 2 : Getting a pedicure/ manicure. Never had one. One of the best experiences ever. Planning to get another one.
Highlight # 3 : The family barbecue. It was really hot, but the food was amazing.
Highlight # 4 : Drive to Philadelphia: Awkward and stinky in the beginning. Fun and stinky by the end.
Highlight # 5: The wedding. It was the second wedding that I had been to and one of the best ones. Everyone seemed to put on a smile and cover their dark circles from the lack of sleep. My cousin looked Ahh-mazing!!
Highlight # 6 : Drive back to New York. This is not really a highlight because we slept through most of the ride.
Highlight # 7: Playing Mafia. Just writing the word " Mafia" makes me smile:) I was a terrible killer. Nevertheless, I had fun accusing and being accused by people especially a particular person who I am not going to mention:) He had a lot of fun trying to kill me and my sisters.
Highlight # 8 : Going to the diner in Yonkers. I don't remember the name of the diner but it was really good.
Highlight # 9 : Going to the subway to get to the city. One word: Terrifying. I was so afraid to look at anyone because I was worried someone would go all crazy on me. I looked at the dirty subway floor for most of the time. Fortunately, I got out of there safely.
Highlight # 10: Meeting the people from my uncle's church. Everyone was really nice and sweet to us. There may have been few who didn't really like us because we were falling asleep in church. There is no excuse for it, but I got to say I tried my best and I did good for someone who was running on 5 hours of sleep.
Highlight # 11: Going to Piermount Pier.The view from there was really pretty. We could have almost crashed a wedding, but we just watched from the sideline. I guess I could say I have been to three weddings:)
Highlight # 12 : Playing Camps. I have never played it before, but it was definitely fun. I was  slow at it but I got the hang of it by the next day.
Highlight # 13: The humidity.  We were all able to withstand and beat the humidity - including my hair.
These were most of the highlights from the trip. It is crazy to know that all of this happened in a matter of 10 days. It was sad to leave New York, but it was good to know that we were leaving after meeting everyone we wanted to meet. I can't wait for the next New York trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment